Is your puppy or teenage dog wearing you out? We can help.
Puppies require a lot of attention. It can be overwhelming to deal with potty training, jumping up, and mouthing. You’re also trying to teach your puppy to stop chewing everyone’s shoes, come when called, and quit dragging you down the street. And don’t forget to find time to exercise your energetic pup and to socialize to new people, dogs and experiences.
Teenage dogs can melt your heart one moment and drive you crazy in the next moment by jumping on everyone, pulling you on walks, and dashing out every time someone opens the door. Your busy schedule means some days you just don’t have the time to train better manners and make sure your dog is getting enough physical and mental exercise.
Day School is the solution for busy puppy parents.
Our innovative drop-off programs provide immersive, customized training and socialization experiences for puppies and teenage dogs.
Puppy Day School is for pups up to six months old and up to 45 pounds (toy breed pups up to one year old). Each school day includes play time, manners training, potty training/crate training, and socialization experiences to build confidence.
Tweener Day School is for adolescent dogs from six to eighteen months old and over 30 pounds who are friendly to other dogs. Each school day includes manners training, play time, and dog sports, puzzles and brain games for physical and mental exercise.
What You Get
Before school starts, we come to your home to meet you and your pup. Our one hour in-home consultation will make your life easier from day one.
During the school session, you get regular reports and video highlights, and written handouts. Puppy Day School students also receive a copy of The Puppy Primer book by Patricia McConnell, PhD.
Our puppy parent-teacher conference provides in-person coaching to ensure that training transfers to you at home.
Tuition is $650 for the in-home pre-enrollment consultation, four weeks of school (two days per week from 10 am-3 pm), mid-session parent-teacher conference, and written handouts. Puppy Day School students also receive a copy of The Puppy Primer book by Patricia McConnell, PhD. That’s less than $16 an hour for over 40 hours of professional training for your pup! Please review our policies including payment and vaccination requirements. Professional discount available; please contact us for details.
Your pup will come home tired, well-behaved and happy!
Puppy Day School students will benefit from:
- Individual training sessions on good manners skills like sit for petting/no jumping, loose leash walking, stay, come here, leave it and drop it
- Supervised small group play time with puppies and puppy-friendly adult dogs for exercise and to build social skills
- Handling and socialization experiences to build confidence and make groomer/vet visits easier
- Outings to safe, pet-friendly locations for socialization and real world training practice
- Potty breaks to develop good housetraining habits
- Chill sessions to teach your pup to relax in a crate
Tweener Day School students will benefit from:
- Individual training sessions to strengthen good manners skills like sit for petting/no jumping, loose leash walking, stay, come here, leave it and drop it
- Supervised small group play time to maintain good social skills, get exercise, and have fun
- Mental and physical exercise, including an intro to agility and nose work, puzzles, and brain games
Your pup is taught by professional dog trainers, using only gentle, reward-based methods, to ensure that your pup learns effectively while forming positive associations with training and socialization experiences.